Counselling Skills for Public-Facing Professionals
Counselling Skills for Public-Facing Professionals aims to give you the confidence to work more effectively with your patients and their families, creating a safe space where they feel comfortable talking about themselves; you will learn how to listen ‘actively’ and attentively, respond appropriately and helpfully, and gently find out information that may be vital to ensuring a positive outcome for your patient; you will gain the tools to empower your patient or their family to make the best decisions for the future, and help them to understand their situation.
This course has been certified by CPD UK – the CPD Certification Service.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Explain the term counselling skills
2. Review a range of communication skills used in counselling
3. Evaluate how these skills can be used in your professional context
4. Describe the main elements of a therapeutic relationship
5. Apply learning appropriately to your own CPD requirements
This course contains 15 CPD hours.
If you would like to learn about counselling skills targeted to specific situations, please visit our shop.